The Office of Communications at NASA's Ames Research Center is seeking a highly qualified strategic communications specialist to perform work administering, supervising, or performing work to disseminate information to pertinent publics, including internal and external, about the work of NASA in the most vast, feasible, and fitting way, as directed by center and agency communications leadership. Responsibilities also include measuring effectiveness to continuously improve efforts.Learn more about this agency
- Advises NASA management officials on how to apply communications strategies to achieve programmatic goals.
- Plans, initiates, and implements comprehensive communications campaigns to enhance the understanding of the agency's programs, activities, and results among the general public and specialized audiences.
- Determines appropriate goals, objectives, and scope of communications plans and the tactics needed to be successful.
- Ability to manage and track multiple communication plans and associated activities across teams over an extended period of time while meeting milestone deadlines.
- Maintains constant awareness of current NASA messaging and goals to effectively incorporate into plans, activities, and products.
- Advises team on strategic messaging and communication tactics for creative digital products and social media to achieve organizational and agency communications goals.
- Develops and disseminates a wide range of information and data concerning the nature and objectives of NASA programs and missions, with strong understanding of the center's primary channels of dissemination and synergies between them.
- Surveys mass and specialized media coverage of agency activities and recommends methods and techniques for disseminating information that will increase public awareness of programs and benefits to the public.
- Researches, maintains proficiency of, and recommends methods and techniques for disseminating information that will increase public awareness of NASA's work and benefits to the public.
- Identifies, analyzes and evaluates, metrics for effectiveness of communications products, adjusts strategy, and advise management on the impact and effectiveness of communications programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599444200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.