The Office of Communications at NASA's Ames Research Center is seeking a highly qualified media relations specialist to perform work administering, performing work to disseminate information through traditional and non-traditional media outlets to pertinent publics about the work of NASA in the most vast, feasible, and fitting way, as directed by center and agency communications leadership.Learn more about this agency
- Determines appropriate scope, goals, and objectives of strategic media campaigns.
- Plans and coordinates strategies and tactics needed for strategic media campaigns to communicate specific topics or items of news, resulting in intended key messages reaching targeted audiences through external media.
- Develops communications products intended to convey story opportunities to media, such as news releases, media advisories, pitches, press kits, etc.
- Interacts with journalists of all levels to respond to requests in a manner that is professionally satisfactory to both the journalist and relevant NASA stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with media representatives and public affairs personnel of external organizations to establish and enhance collaboration toward NASA's communications goals.
- Organizes media opportunities with complex logistics, including scheduling of experts, identifying and booking appropriate venues, securing necessary and backup support services, managing media attendance, and providing for remote participation.
- Evaluates media campaigns and individual activities for effectiveness toward achieving goals for conveying key messages, and identifying, recommending, and implementing strategies for improved future results.
- Surveys mass and specialized media coverage of agency activities and recommends methods and techniques for disseminating information toward more effectively accomplishing NASA's communications goals.
- Researches, maintains proficiency of, and recommends methods and techniques for disseminating information through external media.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599442600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.