This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD). The incumbent serves as an IT Specialist, VISTA Software Engineer responsible for engineering, implementing, and sustaining the Department of Veterans Affairs VISTA software applications.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
621 - Software Developer - Software Development
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website (https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways)
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Telework: May be available one or more days a week upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. Employee will not be required to work from a VA owned or leased space.
Position Description/Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Applications Software)PD18287A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is essentially sedentary but involves occasional moving and lifting. Travel to facilities and national, VISN and local meetings is required.
- Evaluates new applications software technologies; and ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- This is a Mainframe Developer job. Experience in Mainframe is a must.
- Experience in JCL, Cobol, SAS, IDMS, CICS, TSO, VSAM is required.
- Designs, documents, develops, modifies, tests, installs, and implements extremely complex applications software. Analyzes and refines systems requirements, and translates systems requirements into applications prototypes.
- Executes the life cycle change process of applications, and implements design changes in response to changes in customer functional requirements.
- Plans and designs systems architecture; writes, debugs, and maintains code; determines and designs applications architecture; ascertains output media and/formats; designs user interfaces; resolves specific complex and intricate issues and problems; treats specific programming issues and problems; researches trends and patterns; formulates new and innovative systems architecture design techniques, approaches, methods, and/or criteria; and works with customers to test applications.
25% or less - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599442100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.