This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.Learn more about this agency
Must be able to obtain a Secret (Tier 3) security clearance and must be able to maintain the required level of clearance while employed in the subject position.
The ideal candidate must have experience leading efforts to enhance the resiliency of the overall network. Plan and facilitate completion of the Commission's migration to hybrid cloud. Responsible for supporting the evaluation, development, and application of network and communications systems. Provide advice relative to the network and communications requirements and aspects of software technology, IT security, IT policy and planning, and integrated computer systems.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, customizes, and implements a wide range of complex hardware and software systems supporting agency networking systems. Including but not limited to, Firewalls, Load balancers, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Local Area Network (LAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) operations.
- Conducts long-range planning and analysis of LAN/WAN system needs for growth and expansion, taking into consideration rapidly changing equipment technology and requirements, costs and benefits, and customer/mission needs.
- Prepares project plans, including estimates of schedule, resources, and provides leadership during the implementation of communications projects
- Provides technical advice to senior management concerning network management issues or schedule changes.
- Performs work such as defining and maintaining LAN/WAN hardware, software configurations, and developing technical procedures for LAN/WAN development, implementation, and management.
- Develops technical procedures for LAN/WAN development, implementation, and management.
- Establishes performance management metrics and evaluates overall Network system performance against relevant standards.
- Represents the OCIO in meetings and discussions with other business units, representatives of industry, intra-Agency advisory committees, and other Federal, State & local agencies.
- Works with other Agency experts in the design and installation of hardware, software for new network or for major modifications to existing networks.
- Maintains continual vigilance against threats to network confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Assists in the planning, directing and coordination of the implementation of approved policies, programs and services related to IT systems.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599430700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.