This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. The incumbent will be responsible for serving as the senior subject matter expert on cyber vulnerability assessments.Learn more about this agency
As a IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC/NETWORK) at the GS-2210-13/14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Perform duties as a IT Specialist in support of DTRA's Mission Assurance Assessment Teams.
- Serves as the Senior Cyber Operations Assessor for a professional staff of IT cybersecurity experts specializing in cyber operations and application defensive cyber methodology. Incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the organizations strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated to the team and Integrated into the teams strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
- Represents the Division Chief as an authoritative expert with outside organizations, working groups, and leadership councils within the Department of Defense and non-Department of Defense Agencies and Activities as it relates to IT cybersecurity operations and cyber assessment activities. The incumbent will perform as the senior Cyber Security Assessor supporting NE-MAC.
- In coordination with the Division Chief, executes and creates NE-MAC cyber policies and procedures for defensive Cyber Testing and Cyber Operations in support of cyber assessment activities. Verify, track, audit, and ensure compliance with Cyber Division CONOPS, SOPs, and TTPs. Enforce and track policies, and methods as well as oversight to ensure Cyber Teams working maintain full compliance with DoD and NE-MA assessment policies and procedures.
- Prepares, tracks and ensures the NE-MAC division maintains all required documentation, audit, personnel certifications, training and verifications to maintain required certifications. Conduct extensive market research to determine the best IT solutions for the division's cyber assessment capability with an eye towards life cycle of the equipment, current and future cyber threats, and applicability to the Division's long-term strategy. Work with the DTRA IT Directorate and others to establish an Authority to Operate (ATO) for each system procured by conducting the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Provide technical guidance for matters affecting configurations and operations to maintain standalone network infrastructure used for cyber assessments, training, and analysis. Applies cybersecurity analytical and networking techniques to resolve existing system problems and prepare studies to design alternatives to meet performance criteria. Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations and liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 40% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599409400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.