THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance on aircraft pneudraulic systems.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoots the aircraft hydraulic system with the aid of portable and fixed test equipment and from a complete knowledge of the system diagnoses any malfunctions of the hydraulic operated devices and makes necessary repairs.
- Manufactures low, medium, and high pressure hose and tube assemblies per TM requirements or sample including pressure testing of same.
- Troubleshoots and effects repairs to hydraulic test equipment (shop).
- May serve up to 20% of the time performing on-the-job training.
- When designated on NGB Flying Status orders, may participate in aerial flights which are defined by applicable Army publications as Maintenance Test Flights.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works indoors, in inclement weather, on icy, wet and slippery ramps, aircraft surfaces and work stands and in high places up to 40 feet. Subject to the hazards from toxic fumes, high pressure air, and fluids such as aviation fuels, oils, lubricants, hydraulic fluids, etc., engine noise, fumes, heat and blast.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Required to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts parts and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing 50 pounds and over.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599396400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.