This position is in Enterprise Command Operations, Enterprise Command Center, and Monitoring Division. The position provides technical oversight for VA Enterprise Wide Monitoring capabilities within ITIL framework. The position is highly involved in developing organizational plans, work assignments that are ECO wide in scope to promote and advance the Monitoring of the performance and availability of IT Infrastructure and Applications across the enterprise.Learn more about this agency
This announcement is non-bargaining.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work role:
451 - System Administrator
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website (https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways)
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Yes as determined by agency policy
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Security)/PD185520
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary in nature. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meeting and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items such as papers. books, etc. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Developing analysis and reporting capabilities based on a broad range of data collected from large data sets.
- Developing organizational plans, work on assignments that are ECO wide in scope to promote and advance the Monitoring of the performance and availability of IT Infrastructure and Applications across the enterprise.
- Directing and planning the highly technical metrics and analytics program work for ECO and ECC and provides routine reports regarding the effectiveness and efficiencies of the Monitoring Division as a program.
- Providing analytical expertise in the design of customer solutions for the analysis of monitoring a wide range of infrastructure, application and Cloud based platforms, and in systems planning with vendors and project managers.
- Establishing the structure, outreach mechanisms, and the capture and development of customer inputs/content for formulating and evaluating both short-range and long-range plans necessary to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599388500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.