This position is located in Infrastructure Operations (IO), Platform Support, Mainframe. The incumbent will serve as a senior information technology specialist and/or team leader of a specialized group of information technology specialists (commonly referred to as mainframe systems programmers) responsible for mainframe class hardware and system software in support of VA automated applications.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- NCWF 451 - System Administrator
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website (https://niccs.uscert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways).
This is a bargaining unit position
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Systems Administration)/PD15356A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items such as papers, books, or small parts.
- Serve as the technical authority in IBM mainframe systems hardware and software and provides support for the development and implementation of short and long-range Department of Information Technology (IT) activities;
- Plan and coordinate the installation upgrade and maintenance of mainframe systems software and/or hardware;
- Develop standards and criteria for assessing mainframe systems performance;
- Set up and maintain a system or specific components of a system;
- Plan, execute and verify data redundancy and system recovery procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% of the time for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599375200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.