This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an IT Specialist within the NAVSURFWARCTR PANAMA CITY DIVISION.
- You will oversee incorporating appropriate aspects of Cybersecurity into System Engineering practices.
- You will work with clients and customers to assess their needs; provide information or assistance; resolve their problems or satisfy their expectations; and be knowledgeable about available products and services.
- You will have experience with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), NAVSEA, Risk Management Framework (RMF), Department of Navy and NAVSEA Cybersecurity policies.
- You will work with customers to test, plan, validate, and review RMF Security Assessment test results.
- You will develop Assessment and Authorization (AandA) packages and associated IA artifacts in accordance with NIST SP 800-53 controls.
- You will process released Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), using Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions (ACAS), and Nessus applications.
- You will ensure the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services.
- You will ensure the rigorous application of information security specifically implementing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVMs).
- You will define, specify, acquire, install, configure, test, deploy, and support Information Technology (IT) systems in support of Research and Development functions.
- You will install computers, peripherals, and networking items in stand-alone configurations.
- You will install, configure, and test operating system level software, Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTS) application and stimulation software test tools.
- You will lead teams of IT specialists, engineers and/or other electronic technicians on large complex IT tasks.
- You will provide authoritative advice accepted as accurate by management and used as the basis for managerial decision making.
- You will write clearly and succinctly when authoring or editing a variety of programmatic, technical, and business operational documents and briefs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599374600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.