THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a FINANCIAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN (T5), Position Description Number T513200 and is part of the AL USPFO, National Guard.
ORGANIZATION: USPFO, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MRS. P. MCCURDY
1. Performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of inter-related accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable, and various travel entitlements, using multiple procedures, processes and techniques to evaluate alternatives and arrive at decisions, conclusions and recommendations. Analyzes diverse financial management technical methods, techniques, precedent cases, and procedures to resolve an extensive range of difficult financial technical issues or problems. 30%
2. Interprets data to identify problems, determines nature of the problem or issue, decides approaches to use to resolve issues, and recommends solutions for systemic changes to enhance operations. Uses independent judgment to reconstruct incomplete files, devise more efficient methods for procedural processing, gather and organize information for inquiries, or resolve problems referred by others. Interprets user requirements in designing new ad hoc reports or modifications to standard financial and management systems, resulting from regulatory, system, or force structure changes. 20%
3. Performs varied duties, involving financial services payment systems (travel, accounts payable, and pay; i.e. Joint Uniform Military Pay System Uniform Standard Terminal Input System (JUMPS), Operational Data Store (ODS), Standard Financial System ReDesign1 (SRD1), Defense Travel System (DTS), Integrated Automated Travel System (IATS), etc., by applying a series of different and unrelated methods, processes and techniques involving established financial management systems. 20%
4. Applies information derived from personnel management systems to ensure proper pay and entitlements to Soldiers and civilians. Supports Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP) with face to face interviews to conduct personal records review and ensure effective transition to Title 10 duty with accurate pay and entitlements. Uses computer master file systems, document processing and the effects of transactions on existing records to modify normal automated processes while protecting historical data. 15%
5. Schedules, runs, and analyzes various financial system reports, such as daily activity reports, error/reject reports, status reports, discrepancy and mismatch reports, transaction reports, and ad hoc reports. 15%
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599368500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.