This position is located in IT Operations & Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO), Platform Support, Back Office. The incumbent serves as an IT Analyst with a full range of duties associated with Back Office Systems.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- 411 - Technical Support Specialist - Customer Service and Technical Support
- 451 - System Administrator - Systems Administration
- 461 - Systems Security Analyst - Systems Analysis
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10077A and PD10078A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-12. At the GS-11 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-12. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Diagnose and resolve customer reported system incidents, problems, and events.
- Troubleshoots system hardware and software.
- Provides advice and guidance within the assigned specialty, of complex IT issues.
- Set up and maintain a system or specific components of a system (e.g. for example, installing configuring, and updating hardware and software).
- Implement security measures to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks, and recommend security changes to system or system components as needed.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599364200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.