This position is located in the Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of African American History and Culture. The incumbent provides portfolio and project management activities for the Museum's IT related activities and is responsible for the planning, managing, monitoring, controlling and closing of IT hardware and software projects.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible IT hardware and software projects related to design, development, operation, and deployment of new information technology, exhibition, web and education related related integrated computing technologies.
- Meets with customers to identify information system requirements for the museum. Analyzes requirements and designs or conducts background studies, cost-benefit analyses and/or any other research to insure end-product will meet customer needs.
- Develops plans for assigned projects ensuring that critical milestones will be met. Monitors milestones and activities to ensure completion of projects on schedule and within budget.
- Purchases or contracts for IT services, equipment, products, supplies or other necessary items. Prepares contract specifications, logistics plans, procurement plans, and quality assurance plans.
- Develops information system testing strategies, plans or scenarios.
- Establishes System Development Life-Cycle methodologies, project management procedures, tools and templates and supports strategic and tactical planning that reflects the Museum's mission and program goals.
- Prepares status reports and technical presentations for upper-level management.
- Supervises staff.
14 - This position is at the full performance level. (GS-14).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599353500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.