Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF-EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position:
- Leads research projects and study teams, or portions thereof, becoming personally involved in substantive analytical, research, and technical issues and the subsequent review of each. Provides advice to top level management on the formulation of economic policies, processes, and initiatives to substantially improve the effectiveness and efficiency of research strategies and national operations.
- Formulates policies, develops plans, designs and issues directives and instructions, and develops recommendations to improves national research programs, projects and policies to business executives.
- Develops advanced economic, econometric, statistical and mathematical research techniques for the measurement of tax administration and compliance program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Performs a wide variety of economic studies to develop and evaluate policies affecting tax administration, taxpayer compliance and to define feasible alternatives. This involves analyzing long-range effectiveness associated with the economic issues, resulting recommendations and their relationship to the emission and strategic goals and policies of the IRS.
- Provides senior management with analyses of problems and authoritative economic advice on important operational and strategic decisions. Formulate economic theories that can be tested statistically to predict the probable impact on the IRS policies, tax administration, or human resources policy options.
- Develops and evaluates quantitative data to determine the relative effectiveness of various approaches to redesigning IRS work processes.
- Exercises a great deal of independence and initiative, reviews the work of other analysts, directs the efforts of research staff, provides performance feedback to management and staff, and demonstrates leadership.
- Recommends areas of compliance activity requiring research and undertakes such research.
- Recommends to the Research Site Chief and the Operating Division Research Director the development of special studies designed to gain new knowledge in areas where increased voluntary compliance is needed.
- Develops mathematical models (using the techniques of mathematical statistics and operations research) of various compliance programs in order to assess costs and benefits of alternative programs and policies.
- Develops technical information regarding specific segments of the economy and evaluations and forecasts of economic theories in mathematical terms in such a way that they can be tested statistically and used to explain and predict economic behavior and its probable impact on compliance activities.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599334700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.