This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: This position is for a Civil Engineer (Structural), Design Branch, Structural Engineering Section of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Rock Island District.
- Serve as a lead structural engineer, responsible for developing sound engineering design solutions.
- Coordinate with engineering technicians to develop clear, concise, and accurate drawings and details.
- Collaborate with other design disciplines to determine the best engineering design solutions.
- Perform structural analyses and design calculations in accordance with governing requirements.
- Develop sound structural solutions for complex structures, such as navigation and flood control features.
- Stay abreast in the latest developments in the structural engineering field to allow state-of-the-art solutions.
- Clearly document and communicate advanced structural engineering principles to peers and higher authority.
- Provide clear and concise written reports for inspections of completed structures, including sound recommendations.
- Assist and mentor other engineers in the application of structural engineering principles.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel 25% or more for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599330100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.