This position is in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), DevOps, Service Management Office (SMO), IT Service Management (ITSM). The SMO is a center of excellence focused on driving fully-integrated IT services aligned to VA strategic goals and objectives to optimize design, delivery, operation, and sourcing of IT Services.Learn more about this agency
This is not a bargaining unit position
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code : 431 - Knowledge Manager, OPM Cyber Code: 411 - Technical Support Specialist
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is a virtual position that must be placed in a VA Facility.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (PLCYPLN)/ PD18075A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary.
- Responsible for the management and administration of processes and tools that enable the organization to identify, document, and access intellectual capital and information content.
- Studies, analyzes, and develops methods, procedures, processes and policies to support the ITSM Programs.
- Designs, builds, implements, and maintains a knowledge management framework that provides end-users access to the organization's intellectual capital.
- Monitors, researches and evaluates marketplace capabilities and industry best practices that may be leveraged in further maturing and standardizing ITSM processes across the organization.
- Works closely with other ITSM teams and other stakeholders to identify process-related issues and risks, develop mitigation and improvement action plans, recommend and justify changes to processes as appropriate, and track and report overall process improvement efforts, including monitoring process performance for the identification and prioritization of process improvements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599300500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.