The incumbent of this position functions as a Lead IT Cybersecurity Specialist overseeing other employees performing cybersecurity mission related work in adherence to the Workforce Framework.Learn more about this agency
As a Lead IT Cybersecurity Specialist (Direct Hire) you will:
- Ensure that the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
- Articulate and communicate to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Coach the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques, provide advice on work methods, practices and procedures, and assist the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
- Lead the team in: identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization; making adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks; and ensuring that each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product.
- Train or arrange for the training of team members in methods and techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks or projects, and provide or arrange for specific administrative or technical training necessary for accomplishment of individual and team tasks.
- Monitor and report on the status and progress of work, checking on work in progress, reviewing completed work to see that the supervisor's instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met; and rate and sign performance appraisals based on standards established either by the leader or the supervisor.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position, 5% Domestically.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599298600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.