You will serve as a Research Physicist at NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY.Learn more about this agency
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
- You will be engaged in theoretical and computational research of atomic physics collision and radiation processes.
- You will be responsible for exercising atomic models employing state-of-the-art computational techniques to calculate accurate atomic data.
- You will be responsible for developing advanced numerical codes for making synthetic spectra of plasmas to compare with experimental data, and for formulating such studies as a spectroscopic diagnostic of laboratory plasmas.
- You will apply extensive detailed configuration accounting of atomic levels in the atomic processes, kinetics, and transport, including inner shell holes and double excited sates.
- You will be responsible for formulating and proposing experimental studies on university class pulsed power and laser drivers.
- You will be able to develop an equation-of-state model for the plasma that is self-consistent with the ionization populations in the detailed configuration accounting.
- You will do calculations for atomic data and equation-of-state shall be organized into tables for use irradiation hydrodynamics codes.
- You will serve as associate investigator on one or more programs.
- You will be assigned to take a leadership or critical support role related to his/her main areas of effort in the DOE/NNSA program on non-LTE, high energy density plasmas, and carrying through their assignments to completion.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599296800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.