Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a lifeguard and perform other related swimming facility duties.
- Monitors activities within assigned swimming areas. Maintains order and enforces established rules of safety and behavior. Instructs, cautions, and/or expels patrons as appropriate. Reports problems to senior lifeguard or supervisor.
- Rescues and resuscitates individuals in danger of drowning and renders first aid to injuries. Uses a variety of techniques such as artificial respiration, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and first aid.
- Assists in cleaning and maintaining the swimming facility. Cleans assigned areas (e.g., bathrooms, decks, locker rooms, showers, pool, etc.) according to established schedules and instructions.
- Performs gate control duties. Verifies that customers are authorized to use facility by checking appropriate identification. Collects admission fees, makes change, and completes appropriate forms. Reports problems to appropriate personnel.
- Assists water safety instructor in conducting swimming lessons. Participates in required in-service training and maintains currency, capability, and certification to perform lifesaving and water rescue, and to administer basic first aid and CPR.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599294400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.