About the Position: This position is for an Information Technology Specialist (Network/Information Security) with the US Army Space & Missile Defense Command, located at Colorado Springs, Colorado.Learn more about this agency
The US Army Space & Missile Defense Command is participating in an alternate personnel system known as the Acquisition Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information about AcqDemo use the following link:http://acqdemo.hci.mil/index.html
- Conducts reviews of network threats and vulnerabilities.
- Tests and researches all vendor released patches.
- Strong ability to write scripts.
- Implements the Army cybersecurity program to ensure the Army Enterprise Information (AEI) is operational and secure.
- Documents, maintains, and conducts continuous reviews of the network architecture for vulnerability assessments.
- Performs authorized network and host intrusion prevention, monitoring and management procedures.
- Ensures the use of Army approved cybersecurity products are used for the purpose of security monitoring.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
3 - Non-competitive promotion potential to the target grade based on time-in-grade requirements and demonstrated ability to perform the higher graded duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599290100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.