This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA - OC/SERVICES DIRECTORATE/MAINFRAME (SEL111).
- Engaging with internal and external partners to identify IT system deficiencies.
- Installing and maintaining the z/OS operating systems and supporting software in compliance with Security Readiness Reviews (SRR) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) in an IBM Mainframe environment.
- Analyzes systems requirements in response to business requirements, risks and costs.
- Plans, coordinates and executes the installation, configuration, upgrade, and maintenance of major operating environments.
- Reallocates resources as they become available, optimizes systems performance and recommends additional components to improve performance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599266600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.