This position is in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Service Management Office (SMO). The incumbent serves as a Supervisory ITLearn more about this agency
Specialist and is responsible for overseeing the full range of duties associated with team supervision and achievement of SMO goals and objectives to meet VA mission requirements.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- 431 - Knowledge Manager - Knowledge Management
- 801 - Program Manager - Acquisition and Program/Project Management
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist/ PD18696A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. The work does not require any special physical effort. Occasionally work may be done in computer rooms, off site offices, or buildings.
- Develops policy positions, drafts office, process, and operations management related directives to ensure consistent and efficient implementation of plans, decisions, priorities, and other actions.
- Provides organization development intervention, including coaching, consultation, and facilitation to managers, and staff at all levels in the organization addressing issues impeding successful change management and to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Supervises a work unit composed of administrative occupations to provide a variety of services to the Service Management Office (SMO) and IT Asset Management (ITAM).
- Supports functions to include business management, workload and budget management, manpower management, human resources management, policy development management, and key administrative and coordination support.
- Makes IT Asset management decisions and recommendations that significantly influence agency IT policies and programs.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 25% of the time
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599260800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.