You will serve as a CHIEF LASER ENGINEER OR SCIENTIST (ND-05; GS-14/15 equivalency) in the DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPON SYSTEMS DIVISION; GUN AND ELECTRIC WEAPON SYSTEMS DEPARTMENT of NAVSURFWARCENDLD.Learn more about this agency
- You will develop and lead a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers in the design, development, and integration of laser subsystems.
- You will provide senior expertise, technical direction and advanced analysis in modeling of jitter, wave front error, amplifier efficiency, beam generation and combination for laser subsystem design and development.
- You will provide senior technical leadership on laser subsystem integration with Laser Weapon System architecture, C2, and power and thermal designs.
- You will mentor and teach of new and junior level engineers in the disciplines of laser subsystem design, laser amplifier designs, laser combination methodology, laser subsystem beam conditioning, sensor design, and optimized firing sequencing.
- You will lead training curriculum development at various technical levels for laser personnel as well as personnel in the larger Directed Energy (DE) community (stakeholders, sponsors, senior-level military decision makers, etc.).
- You will lead and grow a team to develop expertise in the DE community to fill a current gap in supportability within the multiple laser programs across the services.
- You will develop succession plan for critical laser scientist and engineering positions, and actively recruit direct hires to fill short and long term organizational needs.
- You will partner with the Chief Technology Office (CTO) at NSWCDD to establish strategic Educational Partnership Agreements and engagements with industry.
- You will participate in cross-service national and international working groups on laser source design topics, such as Joint Technical Operations (JTO) - Technical Area Working Group.
- You will remain up to date in latest basic and applied research topic areas relating to laser systems, and apply these principles to the command product portfolio as appropriate.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599249300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.