Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/ SELF EMPLOYED (SB/SE)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Plans and carries out major projects for collecting detailed statistical data from tax and information returns and other primary sources. Takes a leading role in managing all project areas, which includes determining user requirement, program content, sample design, information systems design, training field personnel, and data collection and correction procedures. Coordinates file delivery and data publication;
- Applies various statistical techniques to the applicable subject matter area including analysis and modeling of modeling of multivariates, sampling, analysis of variance, determining confidence limits and analysis of frequency distributions;
- Performs systems acceptability testing on the most complex components of Division information systems used in the data collection process;
- Writes and reviews detailed manuals pertaining t data editing, editor and National Headquarters error resolution, weighting specifications, and controlling and shipping procedures;
- Conducts formal and informal training of editors on program requirements.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599245100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.