You will be serving as in a position in the selected series within NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY.Learn more about this agency
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
- You will be directing and planning the technical and administrative functions of the Center.
- You will act with the authority of the Director in assigned areas, and exercises limited powers of an absent Director.
- You will work closely with the Director in planning and directing the administration of the Center.
- You will assist the Director in the strategic planning and operations of scientific programs in support of Navy and NRL objectives and in the formulation of necessary policies to carry out such programs.
- You will provide strategic and technical guidance to Center programs by reviewing the progress of the Divisions and participating in decisions concerning the technical adequacy of the programs.
- You will review technical output of the programs to assure consonance with objectives and policies and to ensure satisfaction of sponsor requirements.
- You will organize and conduct program reviews when appropriate for internal and external sponsors and Laboratory management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599242100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.