This position is located within VISN 2's Shared Service Unit, Physician Recruitment Team. You will be primarily responsible for recruiting hard-to-fill positions and consulting on matters related to recruitment and retention. Occupations and specialties that will be recruited are identified by your supervisor in consultation with facility leadership based on recruitment priorities.Learn more about this agency
Duties include operating in the capacity of an in-house physician and provider recruiter to fill especially hard-to-fill positions throughout the organization. The issues that impact recruitment and retention of clinicians, especially in rural and/or under-served communities, are complex and challenging to resolve and require extensive skill and creativity to resolve. They may include consulting with multiple stakeholders to include external community groups and medical practice leaders to design solutions that help both VA and communities recruit health care providers to their regions. You will consult with key VHA stakeholders to optimize recruitment and retention outcomes and drive necessary reforms to reduce Time-to-Hire (T2H), improve the size and quality of the talent pool, and improve VHA retention rates.
You will utilize industry/VA sourcing and screening expertise when recruiting and referring candidates under the Title 38 personnel system. This will require knowledge of and adherence to recruitment and hiring policy and regulations, understanding of VHA credentialing and privileging requirements, and other on-boarding requirements to ensure qualified candidates are referred and efficiently hired to minimize Time-to-Hire (T2H).
You will perform recruitment activities that create talent pipelines using the most current recruitment technology and tools to include candidate sourcing via social networking systems, virtual and traditional job fairs, professional meetings/conferences, internet database mining, Boolean searches, texting platforms, referrals, and other relevant emerging technology-based tools. Markets job advertisements on recruitment job boards identified as niche recruitment sites for each occupational specialty.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administering a program to provide internal/external placement, including carrying out special placement activities and providing interpretation and assistance.
- Executing special recruitment programs to attract highly qualified candidates for positions where applicants are in short supply, utilizing imaginative approaches and simultaneous searches for candidates from sources outside the existing work force.
- Serving as a consultant to managers in providing authoritative recruitment/retention services.
- Evaluating trends in missions, technology, manpower, fiscal resources, and other factors influencing future needs.
- Advising and consulting on targeted recruitment strategies and non-traditional recruitment opportunities specific to the local and regional market area, such as targeted job fairs, social media, recruitment campaigns, etc.
- Developing Short- and long-term recruitment and retention strategies.
- Serving as subject-matter-expert for physician and provider pay setting.
Position Description Title/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Staffing)/PD99989S
Virtual: This not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: No special physical exertion is required. The work is primarily performed while sitting though some work may require periods of standing. The regular and recurring work of the position involves sitting at a desk, conferences, meetings, etc., and occasional visits to activity work sites. Occasional use of automobile and public conveyances may be required. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. The work environment includes everyday low risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of offices, meeting and training rooms, or commercial vehicle.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599220800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.