This National Guard position is for a CONTRACT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number T5201P01 and is part of the WY United States Property and Fiscal Office, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
TITLE 5 POSITION INFORMATION:
Type of Appointment: Permanent
Tenure: Group 1 or 2
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 4:30 pm
Telework: May be available on a case-by-case basis
Supervisor: Mr. Roberto Rodriguez-Santiago
Upon acceptance to this position, if selected candidate is a competitive employee, they will convert to Excepted Service and be required to sign a memorandum IAW 5 CFR 302.102. Acceptance of the proposed appointment will take the employee out of the competitive service while s/he occupies the position.
This position is located in the Purchasing and Contracting (P&C) Division of the United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO). The primary purpose of this position is to provide sound business advice in the planning and execution of pre-award and post-award functions, using a wide range of common contracting methods and contract types, to assist in the procurement of standard or specialized services, commodities, and/or construction within an operational contracting office.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Will be responsible for the Government Purchase Card (GPC) program servicing both the Wyoming Air and Army National Guard (ANG/ARNG).
- Will conduct 75%-90% of duties as the Purchase Card Program Coordinator.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages purchase card used to support operations throughout area of responsibility.
- Ensures the GPC program is executed in accordance with the Department of Defense (DoD), US Army policies and any other applicable federal laws and regulations.
- Serve as the primary representative to WY ANG/ARNG Finance offices, Defense Finance Advisory Service (DFAS), and servicing bank on GPC issues and procedures.
- Prepares GPC program guidelines, status reports, and briefings for higher authorities, supervisors, and other contracting personnel as required and responds to taskers and inquiries within provided suspenses.
- Displays critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to efficiently and effectively solve problems of all sizes.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599210200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.