Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) on the application of information technology (IT) to support and improve the Agency’s business processes.
The Office of Application Engineering and Development (AED) is responsible for the full life-cycle management of the USPTO’s automated information systems. This responsibility is guided by the agency’s strategic IT plans and supporting technical architecture. AED designs and develops the systems, and ensures customer performance outcomes are met prior to delivery.
The Corporate System Division (CSD) implements technical business solutions for the Corporate Business Unit. This division is responsible for the communications, collaboration, project management, basic technology practices/coding/ development/processes, resource management, and system/business analysis necessary to support buildable and testable requirements for delivering professional information technology services. CSD creates and manages the platform for metrics to measure all corporate systems.
As the IT Specialist (Sysanalysis/Appsw) selected for this position will be responsible for..
- Serving as a technical lead that manages the software development of multiple medium to high cost, medium to high impact, and/or medium to high complexity large scale IT Software Projects.
- Advising managers and customers on software and/or hardware needs, on new technology, and recommends modifications to current software and/or hardware.
- Developing comprehensive independent cost estimates for new or modified systems and ensures the integration of all systems components; e.g., procedures, databases, policies, software, and hardware.
- Assembling the solution teams to resolve production problems, resolve issues, troubleshoot, and perform systems analysis, resulting in the restoring of production systems to a normal state or production readiness state.
- Providing consultation and recommendations to organizational components of USPTO in the establishment of new or improved information systems and/or applications software.
THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL MAY 13, 2021.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599204100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.