If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for providing assurance that SEC IT systems are protected against potential IT threats and vulnerabilities, and ensuring compliance with federal mandates and legislation, including the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA).Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Washington, DC.
Typical Duties Include:
- Providing security expertise to business owners, information system owners, security points of contact, and technical personnel to help collectively identify strategies to develop and deploy technology in a secure manner.
- Educating business owners, information system owners, security points of contact, technical personnel, and other personnel on information security responsibilities.
- Developing mechanisms and assurance capabilities to better maintain the security of SEC information; evaluating risks associated with deploying, protecting, and using information and technology across a dispersed and diverse environment.
- Completing assessments of the security control status of SEC information systems to ensure systems that store, process, and transmit sensitive information are protected and adhering to applicable agency and federal guidance and standards; assisting with the agency's response to information security-related weaknesses.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of a continuous monitoring program; tracking documented deficiencies, from all sources including but not limited to, the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Government Accountability Office (GAO), and other organizational elements; assisting with the management and submission of the provided by client lists (PBCs) and other audit/assessment related documentation.
- Completing technical evaluations of remediation efforts tracked in Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms);providing cybersecurity documentation support to include policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), training materials, and other communications that require strong writing skills.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599183800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.