WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A ECONOMIST DO? As an Economist, you will use advanced economic and subject matter knowledge; and skills in the execution of your duties and responsibilities. In this position, you will work with economic problems, the integration of the assigned study into the major research problems, and the planning and execution of sequential work steps.
As a Economist you will:
- Assume technical responsibility for various phases of initiation, formulation, planning, and execution of major projects.
- Assist in determining the objectives of research projects and the methodology to be used.
- Develop specifications for research studies by presenting analytical material.
- Perform research to locate new sources of data, analyze pertinent information and draw conclusions.
- Play an essential role in error resolution of more complex statistical studies.
- Assume responsibility for the effective use of resources within assigned subject matter projects.
- Produce tables and graphical materials using standard computer software packages.
- Keep abreast of economic, statistical and tax literature for data and research methodology.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 01 to 05 Nights per Month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599182500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.