The IRS Internal Recent Graduates Program affords a developmental opportunity to IRS employees, who have graduated within the previous 2 years from a qualifying educational institution or program.Learn more about this agency
More information about the Recent Graduates Program can be found here: Students & Recent Graduates.
See Other Information for Locations
If selected, you will be placed in a developmental position as an Economist, GS-07, GS-09, or GS-11 with the FWL to a GS-12 in the Research, Applied Analytics and Statistics Division.
WHAT IS THE Research, Applied Analytics and Statistics DIVISION? Research, Applied Analytics, and Statistics (RAAS) anticipates and meets customers’ needs by providing leading research, analytical, statistical, and technology services. RAAS provides an intellectually challenging and supportive environment for our employees.
WHAT DOES AN ECONOMIST DO? As an Economist, you will use advanced economic and subject matter knowledge; and skills in the execution of your duties and responsibilities. In this position, you will work with economic problems, the integration of the assigned study into the major research problems, and the planning and execution of sequential work steps.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. You will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this developmental position.
As an Economist you will:
- Assume technical responsibility for various phases of initiation, formulation, planning, and execution of major projects.
- Assist in determining the objectives of research projects and the methodology to be used.
- Develop specifications for research studies by presenting analytical material.
- Perform research to locate new sources of data, analyze pertinent information and draw conclusions.
- Play an essential role in error resolution of more complex statistical studies.
- Assume responsibility for the effective use of resources within assigned subject matter projects.
- Produce tables and graphical materials using standard computer software packages.
- Keep abreast of economic, statistical and tax literature for data and research methodology.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599179100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.