Research scientist position with an emphasis on wilderness stewardship issues for the Rocky Mountain Research Station-Aldo Leopold Wilderness Research Institute.Learn more about this agency
Aldo Leopold Wilderness Research Institute is part of the U.S. Forest Service, Research and Development, Rocky Mountain Research Station-- interagency, national research facility located on University of Montana campus .
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Jason Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conduct technology transfer (dissemination of knowledge) efforts related to science, to varied audiences to advance science, educate the public, and support decision making.
- Examine the ecology and ecological role of large protected or conservation areas using fieldwork, monitoring schemas, statistics, simulation modelling and geospatial analyses.
- Model how a changing environment effects the biological/ecological characteristics of protected lands, including the potential for, and effects of, ecological interventions related to observed changes.
- Conduct a series of conceptual and applied studies, often in a phased manner, for problems which are sometimes difficult to define.
- Integrate science on ecological, social, and other systems to answer questions important to wilderness and other public land managers.
- Collaborate with managers to develop new information that is of direct benefit to managers; including delivering decision support knowledge that enables public lands managers to adapt to changing needs.
- Consult with academic and land management cooperators to improve the understanding of multiple-scale (temporal and spatial scales) impacts and effects in land management planning.
- Provide supervision within scope of responsibilities by demonstrating a commitment to fostering and promoting an equitable, inclusive, and safe work environment
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required to attend meetings, conferences and research activities at offices or field locations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599157300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.