About NRO:Learn more about this agency
NRO Focuses on designing, building, launching, and maintaining America's intelligence satellites. Whether creating the latest innovations in satellite technology, contracting with the most cost- efficient industrial supplier, conducting rigorous launch schedules, or providing the highest-quality products to our customers, we never lose focus on who we are working to protect: our Nation and its Citizens.
For more information about NRO click "Learn more about this Agency" link below
The NRO will make selections at the GG-12 level for this position
FOR CURRENT CIVILIAN FEDERAL EMPLOYEES APPLYING PLEASE SEE THE QUALIFICATIONS SECTION BELOW.
As a IT SPECIALIST (ENTARCH) you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Participates in project teams in advanced information systems technology efforts.
- Analyzes and evaluates work concerned with integrated systems of lT equipment and applications
- Supports the development of integrated agency-wide transition strategies, plans, and actions plans to ensure that key DoD and agency standards are implemented in support of agreed upon DoD information architectures.
- Formulates and conducts study projects to recommend solutions to architecture and systems engineering requirements.
- Supports the management of IT systems security.
- Works together with a variety of experts to implement standard operating procedures, software, and controls to ensure appropriate levels of security.
- Provides management officials and operating personnel technical advice on current technology and policy and its impact on current and long-range programs
- Receives and analyzes new technology support requirements, supports the development of information system techniques, aids in establishing criteria, and makes recommendations when procedures/guidelines do not exist for IT and automation resources/ requirements, e.g., impacting information technology systems; implementation, operations, expansion, consolidations, and continuing life-cycle management.
- Supports the implementation of Department of Defense and NRO-level guidance for major information systems programs.
Occasional travel - May be required to travel CONUS and OCONUS in military or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599153300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.