About NRO:Learn more about this agency
NRO Focuses on designing, building, launching, and maintaining America's intelligence satellites. Whether creating the latest innovations in satellite technology, contracting with the most cost- efficient industrial supplier, conducting rigorous launch schedules, or providing the highest-quality products to our customers, we never lose focus on who we are working to protect: our Nation and its Citizens.
For more information about NRO click "Learn more about this Agency" link below
The NRO will make selections at the GG-13 level for this position
FOR CURRENT CIVILIAN FEDERAL EMPLOYEES APPLYING PLEASE SEE THE QUALIFICATIONS SECTION BELOW.
As a SECURITY SPECIALIST (INSIDER THREAT) you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for conducting insider threat risk management, reviewing and evaluating analytic products.
- Analyzes, develops and advises on insider threat risk mitigation options for NRO senior leadership regarding matters for potential NRO enterprise-level implementation.
- Executes centralized analysis of information to deter and detect insider threats as well as assess associated risks to support investigative and command responses for the protection of information, personnel, and resources for the NRO.
- Compiles, integrates, analyzes and advises on insider threat indicators as authorized from user activity monitoring (UAM), cybersecurity, law enforcement (LE), counterintelligence (Cl), personnel security (PERSEC) and other
- Analyzes, evaluates and advises on holistic insider threat risk management to assess risk and determine risk priority that impacts response and/or mitigation measures.
- Analyzes and evaluates responses and mitigation efforts in order to protect against current and emerging threats.
- Develops, analyzes, and processes insider threat risk management and referral products for review and approval.
- Utilizes risk management best practices and procedures to assess and determine risk priority based on available
- Analyzes, evaluates and develops standard operating procedures, and policies for reporting and archiving insider
- threat reporting, including analysis and aggregation of external reports in the interest of national security.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications channels to manage referrals and reporting to detect and deter potential insider threats.
- Responsible for conducting insider threat risk analysis management, reviewing insider threat reports for potential
- risk, and assessing threats based on physical and general security.
Occasional travel - May be required to travel CONUS and OCONUS in military or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599145400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.