This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will develop and lead a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers in the design, development, and integration of laser subsystems.
- You will provide senior expertise, technical direction and advanced analysis in modeling of jitter, wave front error, amplifier efficiency, beam generation and combination for laser subsystem design and development.
- You will Provide senior technical leadership on laser subsystem integration with Laser Weapon System architecture, C2, and power and thermal designs.
- You will lead mentoring and teaching of new/junior level engineers in the disciplines of laser subsystem design, laser amplifier designs, laser combination methodology, laser subsystem beam conditioning, sensor design, optimized firing sequencing.
- You will lead training curriculum development at various technical levels for laser personnel as well as personnel in the larger Directed Energy (DE) community (stakeholders, sponsors, senior-level military decision makers, etc).
- You will lead and grow a team (10+) to develop expertise in the DE community to fill a current gap in supportability within the multiple laser programs across the services.
- You will develop succession plan for critical laser scientist and engineering positions and actively recruit direct hires to fill short and long term organizational needs.
- You will partner with the Chief Technology Office (CTO) at NSWCDD to establish strategic Educational Partnership Agreements and engagements with industry.
- You will participate in cross-service national and international working groups on laser source design topics such as JTO Technical Area Working Group, etc.
- You will remain up to date in latest basic and applied research topic areas relating to laser systems and apply these principles to NSWCDD portfolio as appropriate.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599140400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.