Incumbent serves as a general auditor in the Office of Internal Audit and provides expert audit services covering broad National Gallery of Art programs. The Department of Internal Audit strives to enhance and protect the National Gallery of Art’s value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight.Learn more about this agency
As the Auditor, you will:
- Perform reviews of internal departments to enhance and protect the National Gallery of Art’s value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insights.
- These reviews aim to safeguard assets and reputation, enhance the control environment, ensure compliance with applicable laws and guidelines, increase productivity and help senior leadership better meet their organizational mission and objectives.
- Perform reviews using appropriate audit techniques, analyze data to support findings, and develop recommendations to correct deficiencies; prepare comprehensive audit work papers documenting audit work performed.
- Determine internal audit scope and design risk-based audit programs.
- Demonstrate skill and ability in reviewing the suitability of internal control design, identifying areas of weakness and designing compensating controls and process improvements.
- Discuss findings and observations with responsible organizational elements, technical representatives and others to develop constructive final report; prepare a comprehensive final report summarizing the audit and/or assurance review results.
- Meet with top management officials to present audit findings, explain the significance of conclusions, and justify recommendations. Assist in obtaining written responses to recommendations from management officials and follow-up with management officials to ensure corrections are made in a timely manner.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599134600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.