About the Position: You will serve as a Team Leader & senior hydraulic engineer for a team of engineers and technicians performing hydraulic modeling and design; providing technical guidance to a team for all aspects of analysis, design, construction, operations and maintenance (O&M) of navigation, flood control, environmental restoration, and water resources projects, in the Civil Works, and Interagency & International Support programs.Learn more about this agency
- Perform complex hydraulic designs and analyses utilizing numerical modeling techniques for projects requiring sophisticated theoretical assumptions and hydraulic analyses.
- Oversee the development and application of hydrologic and hydraulic models related to multidimensional hydrodynamics and sediment transport associated with navigation, flood protection, water supply, water quality, and environmental restoration.
- Prepare correspondence, engineering reports, and present technical data in response to inquiries from senior management and higher headquarters, Federal agencies, state and local governments, and other organizations.
- Perform investigations, evaluate, advise on, and resolve unusual engineering problems, issues, and conditions.
- Communicate project objectives, technical requirements, potential problems and issues, schedules, and milestones to accomplish overall program execution.
- Manage the collection of field data, design guidance/criteria, utilization of modeling applications, and other pertinent tools such as Geospatial Information Systems/Computer-Aided-Drafting-Design (GIS/CADD).
- Originate new and improved applications and strategies for engineering or architecture concepts, theories, and principles.
- Guide and assist hydraulic engineers in the analysis of technically complex hydraulic engineering design problems.
- Interpret and present findings of other hydraulic engineers and recommends actions based on findings.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599127100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.