“The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC), through strategic partnerships, prepares the federal law enforcement community to safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.” We are a unique inter-agency organization preparing the next generation of law enforcement officers to meet our Nation's most pressing security challenges. Click here to learn more.Learn more about this agency
The Information Technology Specialist (Customer Support/Network Services) position is located in the Field IT Support Branch, IT Operations and Support Division of the Chief Information Officer Directorate in Artesia, New Mexico.
Being an Information Technology Specialist (Customer Support/Network Services) makes you a valuable member of the FLETC team and mission. You will be responsible for providing support for end-user Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) customer support functions, providing technical/administrative support of Local Area Network (LAN) functions, serving as the backup Communication Security (COMSEC) User Representative and as the local Information Systems Security Officer, and performing a variety of IT special projects.
Typical assignments include:
- Coordinating and providing the daily support of end-user electronic and information technology requirements.
- Planning, coordinating, acquiring, configuring, inventorying, and maintaining a wide range of enterprise IT hardware and software.
- Coordinating with customers and component headquarters' staff to identify potential solutions to Training Delivery Point's business requirements and working with government and contractor technical personnel in resolving issues including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer training, acquisition, and assistance.
- Analyzing and defining network service requirements for telecommunications equipment.
- Performing or overseeing the installation, configuration, security, and management of telecommunications hardware/software products to include adds, moves, and changes.
- Providing support to the Training Delivery Point's Cybersecurity program to include implementation and supporting cybersecurity procedures and requirements.
- Serving as the Training Delivery Point’s communications security user representative.
- Performing a variety of IT special projects.
- Planning, developing, and implementing activities for a broad range of enterprise data communication solutions.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599103500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.