Position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment not to exceed 3 Years by a current permanent Army Employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition.Learn more about this agency
Position may be filled as a TERM appointment not to exceed 3 Years, if candidate is not a current permanent Army employee. TERM appointments may be extended up to a maximum of eight years.
- Serves as a systems architect, analyst, and technical consultant responsible for planning and coordinating the analytical, architecture, standards, and modernization efforts of contract and government teams of computer engineers and IT specialists.
- Plans, coordinates and manages assigned architectural tasks for any of the phases of the compute lifecycle for designated systems, in accordance with accepted Systems Engineering and Cyber-Security practices.
- Require knowledge of network routing, switching, firewall, VPN, load balancer, server virtualization, server operating system, storage, hyper-converged system, data exchange interface, database, middleware, web service and enterprise management tool.
- Operates as a Cloud Computing expert to integrate IT services and capabilities into a system or system-of-systems hosted in a DOD- or DA-authorized Cloud environment.
- Utilizes the DODAF model to develop enterprise architecture and design systems which fulfil end-user requirements for outcomes, reports, performance, interoperability, and functionality.
- Conducts system tests once the system has reached Initial Operating Capability (IOC) to independently validate/verify system performance, compliance with cyber-security requirements.
- Serves as a representative/spokesperson of ArmyU G6 and ACCESS at meetings and conferences with technical and managerial personnel from other DOD, DA, contractor, and third-party vendor organizations.
- Determines requirements, establish test parameters, conduct pilot assessments, gather and analyze test results, review findings with end-users, establish system and service configurations, resolve technical issues and improve technical performance.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599084900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.