THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ELECTRONIC MEASUREMENT EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (T32), Position Description Number D1201000 and is part of the AL CSMS 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: CSMS #1, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MAJ J. HILL
(1) Calibrates and repairs TMDE within support capability and authority including various levels of calibration as designated in technical bulletins, manuals, etc. Performs functional electronic, physical, and radioactive testing involving interpretation and analysis of measurement data, in accordance with cyclic inspection requirements.
(2) Sets up system test sets and various types of test equipment such as frequency meters, standing wave ratio meters, radio frequency (RF) power meters, function/ arbitrary waveform generator, distortion analyzers, time frequency work stations, oscillators, voltmeters, electronic counters, oscilloscopes, attenuators, decade resistors and capacitors, signal generators, stroboscope, tachometers, pneumatic and hydraulic pressure standards and other physical and electronic tests.
(3) Following repair, tests by applying signals in known amplitude and wave shape into oscilloscopes to observe wave pattern. Isolates faults by taking measurements and comparisons in voltage, amperage, ohms, henries, power factor, watts, temperature, humidity, microns, foot-pounds, decibels, sensitivity, noise, stability, Voltage Standard Wave Ratio (VSWR), impedance, phase, absolute pressure, time intervals, displacement, flow rate, etc., to determine performance of equipment.
(4) Determines purpose in operation characteristics of each major section. Refers to technical manuals and manufactures specifications to obtain information on operation characteristics of circuit components such as integrated circuits, microprocessors, decoders, latching networks, notch filters, logics, controllers, programmable gain amplifiers, digital displays, transistors, tubes, transformers, coils, relays, motors, and similar devices.
(5) Completes necessary Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS), calibration, radiation reports and other records and forms on work completed. Ensures maximum number of weapons systems are operationally ready.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599067400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.