This position is located in the USDAs Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO).Learn more about this agency
This announcement is issued under the direct-hire authority to recruit for positions for which there is a critical need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one-year probationary period. Category rating, veteran's preference and traditional rating and raking of applicants do not apply to this public notice.
- Cybersecurity work is strategy, policy, and standards regarding the security of and operations in cyberspace, and encompassing the full range of threat reduction, vulnerability reduction, communications infrastructure.
- Manage the monitoring of information security data sources to maintain organizational situational awareness. Collect and maintain data needed to meet system cybersecurity reporting.
- Manage information technology projects, provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Coordinate with Cyber Defense Analysts to manage and administer the updating of rules and signatures (e.g., intrusion detection/protection systems, antivirus, and content blacklists) for specialized cyber defense applications.
- Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cyber defense infrastructure and key resources.
- Assist in assessing the impact of implementing and sustaining a dedicated cyber defense infrastructure.
- Administer test bed(s), and test and evaluate applications, hardware infrastructure, rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of platforms managed by service provider(s).
- Identify potential conflicts with implementation of any cyber defense tools (e.g., tool and signature testing and optimization).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599062600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.