This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Engineering Services Division (ESD), Architecture and Standards Branch (ASB), Kearnesyville, WV.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an IT Cybersecurity Specialist Application Software (APPSW) and be responsible for developing, creating, maintaining and writing/coding new (or modifying existing) computer applications, software, or specialized utility programs.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Analyzing information to determine, recommend and plan the development of a new application or modification of an existing application.
- Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software.
- Identifying security implications and applying methodologies within centralized and decentralized environments across the enterprise's computer system in software development.
- Designing countermeasures and mitigations against potential exploitations of programming language weaknesses and vulnerabilities in system and elements.
- Developing software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Routinely exercising independent judgement and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management's position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters.
- Monitoring and auditing the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential system (MES), high value assets (HVA) and other USCG information systems.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
15 - Position may be filled at the GS-15, or GS-14 level. Promotion potential to the GS-15 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599023900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.