This position is located in Platform Support, Infrastructure Operations (I0), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Office of Information and Technology (OIT). The incumbent serves as an Information Technology (IT) Analyst with a full range of duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support: Storage Management.Learn more about this agency
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code - Code 411 - Technical Support Specialist
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (DATAMGT)/ PD18325A, PD18326A, and PD18327A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: The work is principally sedentary. Work may involve periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-12. At the GS-11 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-12. At the GS-9 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the level of GS-11. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Responsible for answering, acknowledging and resolving incidents, service requests, and change orders in a service ticket system with limited assistance. Ability to interface with requester(customer) and provide concise information regarding the status of the issue regularly.
- Prepare and submit a weekly status report on issues, assigned tasks, completions and project work, via an automated provided venue.
- Responsible for the daily monitoring of the following items relating to storage area network (SAN), network-attached storage (NAS) and back up hardware and the relevant software and applications: Performance issues, Hardware failures, Exceeded quotas, Unexpected growth.
- Serve as project team member to lead smaller non-critical projects, required to document progress and status regularly and support the efforts of the team and the project manager taking direction from the latter.
- Provides technical support to customers who need assistance utilizing client-level hardware and software in accordance with established or approved organizational process components.
Occasional travel - Ocassional travel
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599023000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.