DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY: This position is being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Government-Wide Direct-Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all U.S. Citizens. Veterans' Preference: Since the Direct-Hire Recruitment Authority is being used, traditional Veterans' Preference rules do not apply. Qualified veterans will, however, be given full consideration for this position.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology, Office of Enterprise Development.
You will serve as an IT Specialist (Applications Software) within the Office of Enterprise Development.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
621 - Software Developer
802 - Project Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available with supervisor approval.
Telework: May be available with supervisor approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Application Software)/ PD10181A, PD10180A, and PD10179A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary in nature. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- Performs a broad range of system analysis and program management duties.
- Evaluates the results of studies and establishes system requirements in terms of objectives, functions to be served and expectations of OIT management, and ensures compliance with management expectations.
- Participates in studies/evaluations regarding the procurement of software and hardware needs and availability.
- Designs and monitors the execution of testing and implementation plans.
- Coordinates and manages the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end.
25% or less - Travel required up to 20% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599022300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.