This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Infrastructure Services Division (ISD), Infrastructure Implementation & Design (IID) in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Computer Engineer (CYBER) and be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and evaluating cybersecurity related information systems throughout the systems development life cycle.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Analyze design constraints, analyze trade-offs and detailed system and security design, and consider life cycle support
- Develop and direct system testing and validation procedures and documentation
- Develop architectures or system components consistent with technical specifications
- Works with senior level staff member to assist in the development and review of sensitive information including pre-decisional and/or embargoed IT budget, workforce, and organizational changes pertaining to program system development and operations
- Monitors and audits the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems
- Identify and direct the remediation of technical problems encountered during testing and implementation of new systems (e.g., identify and find work-arounds for communication protocols that are not interoperable)
- Design hardware, operating systems, and software applications to adequately address C5I operational requirements
- Provide guidelines for implementing developed systems to customers or installation teams
- Implement and integrate system development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies (e.g., IBM Rational Unified Process) into development environment
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
13 - Position may be filled at the GS-11, GS-12, or GS-13 level. Promotion potential to the GS-13 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599022000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.