Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his or her expertise as a Electrical Engineer. Make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.Learn more about this agency
Location - Lakewood, Colorado
- Assigns estimating work tasks to other electrical engineers, reviews cost estimates, prepares complex and difficult cost estimates in support of electrical and mechanical design for new construction or modification of existing electrical and power generation features and/or equipment.
- Serves as the primary peer reviewer of cost estimates assigned to lower-graded engineers in the Technical Service Center related to electrical and mechanical power generation equipment. Performs review of cost estimates prepared by others outside Reclamation's Technical Service Center (e.g., Reclamation's regional or area offices, other federal or state agencies, Architect/Engineer, or Consulting firms, etc.) for conformance with Reclamation policy and state-of-the-art practices.
- Provides mentorship to lower-graded engineers. Trains and provides estimating guidance to less experienced lower-graded engineers on an as-needed basis. Monitors and follows-up on training progress and provides additional mentorship and feedback as needed.
- Develops detailed procedures and guides for Reclamation-wide use in preparing appraisal, feasibility, and engineer level estimates of construction costs for large and complex water and power facilities and their associated equipment, and ensures they are appropriate for changing design, construction, and economic conditions.
- Performs special studies and evaluations on personal initiative, for the purpose of expanding the state-of-the-art of cost estimating. Participates in planning and providing training on cost estimating, lectures, seminars, workshops, and conferences and serves on Reclamation and interagency panels, work groups, and boards furnishing expert advice and guidance for electrical and mechanical power generation cost estimating.
- Participates as a member of the negotiation team for competitively negotiated acquisitions, maintains liaison with design personnel, regional offices, and others; participates as a team member on Reclamation Design Estimating and Construction (DEC) Review Teams, prepares or reviews Construction Cost Estimates (CCE) and Project Cost Estimates (PCE), and Preparation of Identification of Quantities (lDQ's).
- Participates in the preparation of Reclamation Construction Cost Trends and assures they are appropriate for intended fiscal uses, and are up to date, reflecting current economic data, relationships, and pricing. Develops and maintains the Reclamation Estimating Database System, compiling and analyzing cost data.
- Reviews Reclamation reports, both internally and externally developed, including but not limited to Planning Studies, special studies, design studies, cost price analysis, white papers, and any other critical reports containing cost estimates, data, references, or requirements to assure appropriate applicability and sensitivities are addressed when referencing cost estimates.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599018400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.