About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain DoD Personnel to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service. Your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a selection is made.
- Serve as the Alternate Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for the Redstone Network Enterprise Center (RNEC) and supported organizations.
- Serve on committees and in workgroups as an automation and transmission security advisor, ensuring adherence to DoD, Department of the Army (DA), and policy relating to security of information.
- Serve as a member of the configuration control board for installation campus area network (ICAN).
- Serve as the organization's cybersecurity advisor to the Helpdesk and Network/Server administrators concerning the LAN, and the electronic interfacing of other systems and networks.
- Provide advice and assistance regarding security aspects of processing, storage, retrieval, transmission, and access concerning classified and unclassified information.
- Develop, distribute, and maintain policy and plans, training, instructions, and guidance concerning the security of automated operations and the transmission or access to information from such operation.
- Ensure that local Information Assurance (IA) workforce are properly appointed in writing for each office or business area.
- Review and evaluate the security impact of system changes, including interfacing with other automated systems.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599017700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.