Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary and Director on the application of information technology (IT) to support and improve the Agency’s business processes. The Office of Program Administration Organization is responsible for the management of the overall USPTO Information Technology program, providing service & support for OCIO customers. The Program Management Division (PMD) serves as a Program Management Office (PMO) for establishing, implementing, facilitating and administering processes and tools related to management of USPTO IT Portfolios, Programs and Projects as defined in the USPTO Framework.
The position will be responsible for:
- Managing one or more large and complex information technology (IT) initiatives and/or major investments which are tied to the organization’s strategic goals.
- Preparing high-level program plans, establishing long and short range program goals and objectives, monitoring progress, approving deliverables, and overseeing a wide range of assignments including portfolio and program development and operational planning and oversight.
- Communicating openly with customers throughout the life cycle of a program's multiple projects to ensure customer satisfaction with the process and results.
- Forecasting budgets in accordance with the organization’s prescribed methods and pre-established deadlines.
- Coordinating, communicating, and integrating IT project and program activities.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599010800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.