The incumbent serves as a Financial Management Analyst in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), and is responsible for performing analyses of financial management policies, practices, procedures and operations with the objective of maintaining and improving the efficiency of ongoing/new processes.Learn more about this agency
This is a Non-Bargaining Position.
As the Financial Management Analyst in this position, you will:
- Trace transactions entered in the automated accounting system and prepares spreadsheets to: reflect the source of any discrepancies; reflect the corrective action required to bring accounts into agreement; prove the accuracy of the adjusted accounts; and/or recommend actions to prevent recurrence of similar discrepancies.
- Develop tracking systems to monitor the status of projects and outstanding matters.
- Plan and coordinate with Office of Inspector general (OIG) and auditors and acts as a liaison for FEC for the annual financial statement audit.
- Compile and verify the accuracy of accounting data and adequacy of supporting data to prepare statements and reports, schedules, and comparative analysis of accounting transactions.
- Analyze and evaluate current financial management policy, practices, procedures, and methods; identifies areas of concern and types of corrective/improvement action needed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599003700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.