This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Operations (CG-DCO), CG CYBER Command, Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an IT Cybersecurity Manager (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC), leading, coordinating, communicating, integrating, and is accountable for the overall success of the program, ensuring alignment with agency or enterprise priorities.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing and maintaining strategic plans, methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts.
- Resolving conflicts in laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
- Reviewing or conducting audits of information technology (IT) programs and projects.
- Ensuring that all acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals.
- Acting as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, providing direction and monitoring all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully.
- Leading and overseeing budget, staffing and contracting.
- Monitoring and auditing the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems.
- Negotiating for the acceptance of agency positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives exercising independent judgement and discretion with DoD, DHS, OMB on national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, missions essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598981700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.