About the Position: Serves as subject matter expert in the flood risk management program (FRMP). Projects involve multiple phases and the use of interdisciplinary teams from six districts.Learn more about this agency
This position will allow for situational telework only. This position is NOT eligible for Full time telework.
- Develop new and innovative means of finding solutions to a wide variety of projects requiring many different engineering, physical science and management specialists.
- Develop policy, directive, scope, technologies, concepts and strategies of the FRMP to assure quality of all FRMP activities.
- Serve as the team lead for matrix management with the Community of Practice (CoP) leaders or Chiefs of Planning, Engineering, Silver Jackets, Levee Safety, Dam Safety, Operations, Emergency Management and Regulatory.
- Serve as National Leader/subject matter expert (SME) in Civil Works Planning and the development and/or implementation of Civil Works Policy in the areas of flood damage reduction, flood risk management, etc.
- Investigate/develop new and innovative means of finding comprehensive solutions to a wide variety of projects.
- Provide assistance to districts in resolving major technical issues/facilitates resolution of flood damage problems/related formulation policy issues.
- Manage the regional flood risk management program/administers the flood protection management program to ensure compliance with various laws, policies and procedures.
- Foster existing regional/watershed partnerships within the MSC/established partnerships with other Federal Agencies.
- Coordinate with appropriate FEMA regions on FEMA MAP Modernization and RiskMAP execution and support.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598963000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.